The great glory of Hilderstone is the East Window of Christ Church. It is by William Collins and is a rare example of his work in situ in a working English church. It is of enamelled glass. The central panel is of Christ consecrating the elements of the Mass. It is a copy of a painting by the Florentine master, Carlo Dolci. The panel was exhibited in London in 1828. The panel is set in the window flanked by lancets all very much in the style of William IV.
We are doubly lucky since both the Collins panel and the original painting may be seen in the United Kingdom. The Collins can be seen at Hilderstone, the original Dolci was at Burghley House.